By leasing a racehorse you become the owner for a specific period and thus
enjoy the ownership benefits without having to pay any capital costs.
Foxtrot Racing takes care of
all the details, right through to organising your corporate entertainment at
the races if required. We also specialize in single day leasing (details
below), so that you can lease a horse for a specific day or race.
Benefits of leasing a racehorse:
- More cost effective than having to buy a racehorse and pay
all the training and associated costs
- Become a racehorse owner on the day or period you
- Choosing your own racing colours and see them worn on
- Enjoying raceday ownership benefits such as owners
badges, entering the paddock before and after your race, talk to the trainer
and jockey and make use of special owners facilities
- If leasing on behalf of a company then use the lease as
a promotional tool or for corporate entertaining
- Add to an existing race sponsorship package with a
racecourse, have a runner in your sponsored race
The types of lease are shown below with guide prices:
It is also possible to lease a % share of a racehorse within
any of the above leasing formats. This will decrease the cost but could
infringe upon your ownership benefits.
- Single day leasing (Saturday) - £4,500 with colours
and 25% of prize money. £4,000 without prize money.
- Single day leasing (weekday) - £4,000 with colours
and 25% of prize money. £3,500 without prize money.
- Single season Leasing - £25,000 with all prize
money, incl running costs. £20,000 with no prize money.
- Career leasing - £20,000 - £25,000 per
(Guide prices may be subject to fluctuation depending on type
and value of race/racing)